Thursday, December 08, 2011

Planning for the Exit

It's been a long time since I've written and alot has happened both in the country and in my personal realm. I ended a longterm relationship and changed jobs. The U.S. has fallen into one of the worst recessions in my adult lifetime. The new president has been ineffective and the economic powers that be (wallstreet) have destroyed our prosperity and middle class existance. The hopes for a turnaround with the last election have proven that neither party has any solution to our countries dire condition. None of the players who made decision both in washington and in the investment sectors  have been punished. The wealthy power brokers have secured their positions on the backs on the U.S. taxpayers and now they hold the currency hostage by not releasing money to business for loans and commerce. We have the highest unemployment in California history and I fear each year I will become a statistic. There are demonstartions and protest all around the country because people are fed up with our goverment being run by wallstreet and their interest.

I have a new relationship a grown up one :) and I'm very happy and it is the brightspot of my life.
I have finally met another person who thinks like I do and we like most of the same things. I have been introduced to travel, adventure, and been taken out of my safe and predictable life. I have done two mountain climbing trips and am going to travel to central america early next year. I've come to the realization that the United States is never going to be the same ever again. The last five years have destroyed any hope of retiring here. I am going to explore other areas and get out of the U.S. hopefully in two years. The retirement I will recieve from ex hub will fund me nicely in another country where it is not excessive american  living standards. I've found a partner who agrees and we want to find our final destination and live simply and be happy. My job in the luxury jewelry sector is showing no signs of recovery as people tighten their belts. I'm frankly surprized that I still have a job as many of my past collegues have lost their jobs and been unable to recover.

I think it is wise to plan and leave with some resources while I am afforded the opportunity. I have been very spartan and save most of my money. I am sure quite a few of my countrymen have come to the same conclusion. I am very sad that America has come to this being a boomer I never imagined it would be so hard to be an american. All signs indicate the wealthy are looking to enslave the middle class and make them dependant on the goverment. We will lose our freedom to control our destiny. The economic future in the state of california looks bleek. I hope america wakes up before it is too late.

No comments: